Hello, all! Welcome back for another Spotlight post! This time I turned it over to my gorgeous friend who has her own blog – Major Morris. My first collaboration post! Music, food, travel, beauty, and much more: she has a lot of great content, you
need definitely need to visit her page! I could get lost in her blog… so many amazing things to check out ❤ I did a Holy Grail product post on her site, be sure to head on over there!
Read on for her fashion and beauty favorites.
Creator of mjrmorris.com
Describe Your Type of Beautiful:
- Quirky Boho, I’ve never been a person who was comfortable in tight, form fitting clothes. From high school to now ( 32 yrs old) I have gone through many style iterations but one thing has remained constant. My love of oversized, flowy, movable garments.
Who Is Your Fashion Inspiration?
- Traces Ellis Ross, hands down! Homegirl is AMAZING! I absolutely love her style and confidence. Her hair, #naturalgoals! What I love most, besides her confidence is the fact that she never plays it safe. She wears what she wants. Even the simplest outfits, she finds ways to make them her own.
What Is Your Go-To Outfit?
In a nutshell, this. Jean jacket, thick leggings, oversized T, with a cute hat, scarf, and comfy shoes.
What Fall Trend Or Style Are You Most Excited About?
- Big blanket scarves and Panama hats (I’m on Pinterest @mjrmorris. Follow my board The Fashionista’s Catalog for more of my fashion favorites!)
What is Your Favorite Item of Clothing/Favorite Accessory?
- Boyfriend Cardigans! I am a sweater gal all the way. I LOVE blazers, just not on me. Sweaters are a great alternative way to complete an outfit if you are not a blazer person.
- Cardamom and Mimosa by Jo Malone
Favorite Hair Product:
- This one is a bit tricky. My favorite product used to be Wen’s cleansing conditioner. I still love this stuff but recently I noticed my hair thinning in a certain spot (which is a possible side effect of the Wen) so I decided to stop using it for the time being.
- Since I had to bench the Wen, I would say my favorite product is this Passion Fruit Control Paste by Curls. I’m natural and as any Naturalista would tell you, having a great edge control is a MUST!
Fave Makeup Brand/Products:
- Makeup Forever mattifying primer
- Bobbi Brown sheer finishing powder (loose, not pressed)
- Chestnut lip liner by MAC
If You Only Have Time To Put On One Makeup Product, What Would It Be?
- LIPSTICK! Without a doubt. Lipstick is my absolute favorite thing to wear.My purse is easily 5 pounds heavier because of the amount of lipsticks I carry. In fact, over the weekend I impulse purchased the cutest liquid lipstick set from Tarte. Oh my goodness!!!! The shades are perfect for fall and Tarte’s formula is to die for. Hopefully I will be able to get around to posting a few swatches on Instagram soon. (All lipstick lovers should pick up this set)
Favorite Makeup Tip Or Trick:
- Misting my face with a hydrating facial mist after finishing my makeup. Since I have oily skin, I can sometimes overdo the powder. Misting my face helps to decrease the powdery – ness.
Go-To Bargain Makeup Choice:
Well, it’s not technically makeup but its beauty. The Milani Moisture Lock Coconut Oil Infused Lip Treatments are BOMB!!! My favorite is the Healing Lemon Honey. They are only $7.99 at your local Walgreens. I typically use this at night after I’ve cleansed my face. By morning, my lips are so soft.
What Would You Tell Your Younger Self About Beauty?
- Start slow and have fun. None of the woman in my family wore makeup so I had no sort of reference point. Which lead me to be intimidated and not even want to experiment. I didn’t wear makeup until after college (late bloomer, I know). I had no idea how much fun makeup could be. It does not have to be this caked on, serious experience. A simple tinted moisturizer, mascara, and nude lip can add just the touch of confidence to make you walk a little taller, smile a little bigger. Dive in, have fun, play around! If something doesn’t work……..it washes off. It’s only makeup!
- I would also tell myself it’s never too early to start a good skin care regime, especially being acne prone. Skin care products are only half the battle. Being consistent is what really yields results.
When do you feel most beautiful?
- I feel the most beautiful when I am super casual. My hair in a messy bun, prescription glasses on, and my husband by my side. It’s corny, I know. But its true. He makes me feel comfortable in my own skin. I know he genuinely thinks I am my most beautiful at my most basic and that makes me feel my most confidently beautiful.
Words To Live By:
“Everything happens for a reason.”
- I’m not sure if it’s a quote or more of a mantra. ‘Everything happens for a reason’ is something I’ve lived by for as long as I remember. I’ve always genuinely believed all things, good and bad happen for a reason. Maybe it’s to teach you a lesson. Or get you out of your comfort zone. Or maybe reward all of your hard work. Whatever the reason, there is a reason! And if you pay attention to the reason versus the outcome I believe the reason will always point you in the direction you are supposed to go.
A huge thank you to you, Type of Beautiful, for spotlighting me on your blog. This was really fun and I think your spotlight section is so great. I cannot wait to see how your blog grows over time.