This is one of my go-to hairstyles, because it is so fast and easy! Check out the video here!
All you will need for this look:
- Flat Iron – Mine is the ghd 1″ Classic Styler
- Heat Protectant Spray – Lots of drugstore and salon choices, I use the Chi 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray
- Clips to section your hair – I like using alligator clips, these are similar to the ones I have. I picked mine up from the beauty supply store. If you have thicker hair like mine, these clips work better for me than the straight ones.
- Teasing comb
- Hairspray – I used Kenra Professional Volume Spray 25
To start, I blow dry my hair as straight as possible using a round brush (this one from Goody is the one I used and it is my FAVE)! Don’t forget the heat protectant. I use It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin. For this hairstyle, if you have curly/wavy hair like me you don’t need to get your hair too straight, because we will straighten and curl as we go.
Section your hair off, leaving only the bottom portion down. Don’t forget to spray the section with hear protectant before styling each section!
Taking small sections and starting with the hair closest to your face, run the flat iron through your hair, rotating the flat iron away from you as you go, creating a loose wave.
I always curl sections of hair that frame my face away from me, but once I get towards the back of my head I alternate the direction of the curl, to keep the waves more defined.
Once the bottom section is all curled let down another section, spray with heat protectant, and repeat the process.
For the top section, part your hair where you’d like and be sure to curl the face-framing sections of hair away from your face! Once all sections are styled, you can run some product through your hair for even more volume and texture! My favorites:
- Living Proof Amp Instant Texture Volumizer (which works really well), or
- L’Oréal Tecni.Art Wild Stylers Next Day Hair Texturizing Spray (this smells SO good)
Be sure to check the video out for more detailed instructions! Thank you so much for reading ❤