What is the plump method?
It is a method for people with natural curls to create big, bouncy, fluffy waves/curls! The following steps make the plump method:
- 1. Combing conditioner through hair in the shower and not combing again.
- 2. Allowing water to help big curl clumps form. *5-6 curl clumps are optimal.
- 3. Applying curl enhancing product to soaking wet clumps with a praying hands method.
- 4. Lightly pressing excess water out with a t-shirt or other cloth that will not cause frizz.
- 5. Plopping those curls for at least 10 minutes, preferably 20-30 min.
- 6. Diffusing is optional, but my preferred method of drying for best results.
The Plump Method Results
as part of my curl journey: low heat, protecting curls at night, limited heat styling (no curling/flat irons).
How did you come up with it?
I started my curl journey in January of 2019. I am not strictly following the Curly Girl Method (which provides amazing results for many curlies), instead I started with the goal of healthier curls. I do use some heat while diffusing, but I stopped straightening my hair (no more flat irons) and I also stopped using curling irons for touch-ups. The Plump Method is the combination of steps that I found give me the best results after a LOT of trial and error.
Where can I find a tutorial?
I have very detailed, step-by-step tutorials on my Instagram page, @type_ofbeautiful. Look for these videos: