I recently purchased the Cailyn O! Wow Brush from TJ Maxx for $12.99, which is a huge bargain. The brush is listed on their site (check it out here) for $32.
The brush comes with a slip-off cap, which is perfect for travel.
The brush itself is has very soft, dense bristles. It applied my foundation like a dream. Seriously, this brush is amazing, I would honestly purchase it for the full price. I have, however, seen it stocked at Marshalls and TJ Maxx recently.
This brush gives a similar appearance (almost airbrushed) to what a Beauty Blender does, so the O! Wow brush cuts out a step.
It even has an ergonomic handle, which was comfortable to use and I think gave some additional control while blending my foundation.
My Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5 stars
I was genuinely impressed with this brush, and recommend it to anyone looking for a brush to apply foundation. Check out my video (link here) for a more in depth review.
Thanks so much for reading!
This is one of my go-to hairstyles, because it is so fast and easy! Check out the video here!
All you will need for this look:
- Flat Iron – Mine is the ghd 1″ Classic Styler
- Heat Protectant Spray – Lots of drugstore and salon choices, I use the Chi 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray
- Clips to section your hair – I like using alligator clips, these are similar to the ones I have. I picked mine up from the beauty supply store. If you have thicker hair like mine, these clips work better for me than the straight ones.
- Teasing comb
- Hairspray – I used Kenra Professional Volume Spray 25
To start, I blow dry my hair as straight as possible using a round brush (this one from Goody is the one I used and it is my FAVE)! Don’t forget the heat protectant. I use It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin. For this hairstyle, if you have curly/wavy hair like me you don’t need to get your hair too straight, because we will straighten and curl as we go.
Section your hair off, leaving only the bottom portion down. Don’t forget to spray the section with hear protectant before styling each section!
Taking small sections and starting with the hair closest to your face, run the flat iron through your hair, rotating the flat iron away from you as you go, creating a loose wave.
I always curl sections of hair that frame my face away from me, but once I get towards the back of my head I alternate the direction of the curl, to keep the waves more defined.
Once the bottom section is all curled let down another section, spray with heat protectant, and repeat the process.
For the top section, part your hair where you’d like and be sure to curl the face-framing sections of hair away from your face! Once all sections are styled, you can run some product through your hair for even more volume and texture! My favorites:
- Living Proof Amp Instant Texture Volumizer (which works really well), or
- L’Oréal Tecni.Art Wild Stylers Next Day Hair Texturizing Spray (this smells SO good)
Be sure to check the video out for more detailed instructions! Thank you so much for reading ❤
I’ve been getting questions about where to find pieces in my How To Style: Button-Up Shirt post. A lot of the things I paired it with have been in my closet for a while, so I’ve linked a similar piece where I was unable to find the exact item.
Top: The chambray button-up is a soft wash top from the Banana Republic Factory store.
- Similar Banana Republic top
- Forever 21 Chambray top
- Women’s Denim Favorite Shirt Medium Indigo – Merona
Look 1: Skinny Jeans and Heels
- (I did not pay this much for these jeans, I found them at Nordstrom Rack earlier in the year. I can’t remember exactly what I paid, but I never spend more than $40 on my jeans).
- Similar: i jeans by Buffalo Zipper Skinny Jeans
Look 2: Chunky Knit Sweater, Skinny Cargo Pants, Cognac Flats
Sweater: Banana Republic
Pants: American Eagle Cargo Pocket Leggings in Grey
Look 3: Pencil Skirt and Strappy Heels
Pencil Skirt: H&M (only $12.99)!
- I love this skirt so much, it’s really versitle, it’s comfortable, and really affordable. I have one in a black and dark grey.
- These sandals are on clearance for $14.98 now!!! I wore these as part of a shoot I did for a friend, and I had to track them down/buy a pair for myself. Love, love, love these ❤
Purse: Micheal Kors Small Crossbody
- Similar: Michael Kors Fulton Small Crossbody
Hello, loves! Have that button-up shirt in your closet that you adore, but have been looking for new ways to style?
This denim button-up is from Banana Republic, I love it and wear it allll the time, it is really versatile and super comfy. You can wear it with jeans and sneakers, under a sweater, with a short skirt and tights, or leggings and a scarf. You could also pair it with a pencil skirt and heels, tie it shorter in front with high waisted jeans and a jacket, or wear it with jeans and a t-shirt. So many options! I especially love this style of shirt because you can dress it up or down so easily. Accessorize, and have fun!
Please let me know if you have questions about anything I’m wearing. Thank you so much for reading ❤ Be sure to follow me or subscribe via email for upcoming How To Style posts!
P.S. If you missed my Fall Lookbook, you can check it out here.
I love a good bargain, but I have discovered that you often get what you pay for when it comes to cosmetics. There are, however, exceptions to this rule! Here are 10 bargain products I have purchased, and love just as much (or more!) as high-end products.
Wet n Wild MegaGlo Illuminating Palette in Catwalk Pink ($4.99)
This illuminating palette is SO GORGEOUS! I was really upset because I thought it had been discontinued. When I wrote this post, it was the first product I thought of so I was on a mission to find it. As you can see, it still exists but the packaging changed. *whew*. I will use a fluffy powder brush and swipe it across the palette to pick up a bit of each shade, then I brush it over my cheekbones and at my temples for some highlight/blush action. It is so beautiful on, and it warms my face up after applying foundation. I will also use these shades individually as eyeshadow, so this is a multi-use product!
Wet n Wild Foundation Brush ($2.99)
Keeping it in the Wet n Wild family for now, I recently picked this brush up from Meijer and I really like it! This brush has synthetic polymax fibers that are perfect for cream or liquid foundation. The first time I used it (with True Match liquid foundation), I expected to go over the foundation with a damp beauty blender after applying it with the brush. I was pleasantly surprised, however, to find I didn’t need that extra step at all!
NYC New York Color Browser Brush-On Brow Kit, Brush-On Brunette ($3.79)
This brow kit is THE original brow product for me. I used this years ago when I was first starting to play around with makeup, and I still reaaaaally like it. I would not recommend the tweezers or brush it comes with (both are bad news bears), but the powder and wax itself both work really well. I would recommend using it with a smaller angled brush, this $3 e.l.f. brush is actually the one I use.
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss ($4.99)
Love this gloss! I like the texture of it; it is moisturizing and not terribly sticky. It is pretty long-lasting, and it comes in many beautiful shades. This is the shade Nude Pink, which for me is the perfect “my lips but better” shade.
Here are the songs I can’t stop listening to this month! Music from Yuna ft. Usher, Blackbear ft. Devon Baldwin, Tayler Buono, Daya, Ne-Yo, Alina Baraz, Rihanna, Chance the Rapper, Frank Ocean, Jhené Aiko, Niykee Heaton, The Fugees, and Banks. Enjoy! What have you been listening to lately? Please comment below!
October 2016 Playlist
Hello, all! Welcome back for another Spotlight post! This time I turned it over to my gorgeous friend who has her own blog – Major Morris. My first collaboration post! Music, food, travel, beauty, and much more: she has a lot of great content, you
need definitely need to visit her page! I could get lost in her blog… so many amazing things to check out ❤ I did a Holy Grail product post on her site, be sure to head on over there!
Read on for her fashion and beauty favorites.
Creator of mjrmorris.com
Describe Your Type of Beautiful:
- Quirky Boho, I’ve never been a person who was comfortable in tight, form fitting clothes. From high school to now ( 32 yrs old) I have gone through many style iterations but one thing has remained constant. My love of oversized, flowy, movable garments.
Who Is Your Fashion Inspiration?
- Traces Ellis Ross, hands down! Homegirl is AMAZING! I absolutely love her style and confidence. Her hair, #naturalgoals! What I love most, besides her confidence is the fact that she never plays it safe. She wears what she wants. Even the simplest outfits, she finds ways to make them her own.
What Is Your Go-To Outfit?
In a nutshell, this. Jean jacket, thick leggings, oversized T, with a cute hat, scarf, and comfy shoes.
What Fall Trend Or Style Are You Most Excited About?
- Big blanket scarves and Panama hats (I’m on Pinterest @mjrmorris. Follow my board The Fashionista’s Catalog for more of my fashion favorites!)